Branco e Preto
In the São Paulo of the 1950s, a group of architects consisting of Roberto Aflalo, Jacob Ruchti, Miguel Forte, Plínio Croce, Carlos Milan and Chen Yhwa got together to create a furniture shop that could cater to their modern and sophisticated view of architecture. In 1952, the young vanguardists embraced Aflalo’s idea and founded Branco & Preto, where they sold modern furniture made of brazilian materials and with impeccable finishing: something completely new at the time. The shop became a reference for architects, who would visit it to become familiar with the trends and discuss the pieces that broke with the traditional, stout lines used until then. Tt remained open until 1965, during which they created pieces of furniture that still inspire Brazilian designers today.